Monday, January 10, 2011

My very first air gun

My very first airgun was the Daisy 840. The current version is the . This is a single pump b.b./pellet gun.


As young shooters my cousin and I picked up on the method of "the more you pump, the more powerful it will be". We had the same air guns, so we would pump them up 10 times for maximum power. And we thought we really had something! Shooting cola bottles (when they were all made of glass) cans and whatever else we could find that was non destructive. Little did we know that all of our extra effort was done in vein. Nope, the little single pump air rifle did no more speed up than the man on the moon. Who reads instructions? But we were very young and the extra work was healthy. And we had an absolute blast. Little did I know, my beloved BB gun would meet a terrible fate, and die in vain.

2 comments:

  1. my friend had the 760. Too bad the lower end guns have so much plastic today.

    ReplyDelete