Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crosman Introduces the Rogue


The Benjamin Rogue 

The Benjamin Rogue is being introduced as a .357 caliber Precharged Pneumatic air rifle (pcp).  If you are not familiar with the term "Precharged",  this means that the lower chamber you see under the barrel can hold compressed air up to 3000 pounds per square inch.  This equals one of the most powerful, most accurate, and unfortunately, sometimes the most expensive air rifle around.

Ok, so if you don't know the whole (pcp) thing, here you go.  Precharged guns have an on board compressed air supply normally around 3000 psi.  They are charged by either a hand pump, a scuba tank, or an air compressor.  No ordinary hand pump will do, you must have a heavy duty one built for the task.  The result is awesome!  Accurate power and smooth shooting with no need to compress a spring or pump it up for each shot. 

The Rogue has a unique computer controlled valve that will allow it to be dialed down to a shot of 200 feet per second,  and up to a smoking 900 feet per second.   I can't wait to see the modifications the tinkerers do!
As the pressure of the gun goes down with each shot, the computer controlled valve will adjust and make the gun shoot a consistent speed.  Crosman claims that the energy in the pellet, or bullet, will range from 6 fpe to 350 fpe.  Most spring guns today shoot from 6 to 24 fpe.  

It comes with a two stage electronic trigger and it has a six shot capacity.

This is an amazing project that I believe will set new standards in the future of airgunning!  

I could write all night about this awesome air gun.  But I will cut it short tonight, Please leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you.  

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this air rifle has its place but not for me personally.
    I don't really like PcPs, too much hassle with tanks and the the manure one needs to carry around to use one.
    Plus I only hunt small game, Rabbits, Dove, Quail, Wild Turkey etc so my 13fpe FWB 124 springer works perfect for my needs.
    I just like to pick up my rifle throw in on my shoulder grab a tin of pellets and go.

    The only PCP type rifle that has interested me has been the FX Independence in probably .25cal

    ReplyDelete