Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Gamo Big Cat 1200

The Gamo Big Cat 1200 air rifle is the first choice when I hit the trail.  It is light, well balanced, and the synthetic stock is very durable.   With this rifle I can consistently hit my target at 50 yards.  

The Gamo Big Cat 1200 air rifle is also a very well built rifle.  A synthetic shroud holds down vibration in the barrel.  I did the classic "tighten the screws" check as you would with the Chinese rifles (this ones made in Spain), they were rock solid with thread lock.  There is absolutely no play in the barrel lockup.  Solid.  But as with most airguns on the market, the scope is lacking, and I advise you put on the scope of your choice.

This baby delivers on speed.  Listed as a 1000fps rifle, it can shoot consistently in the 800fps range.   With non lead pellets it breaks the sound barrier like a rim fire cartridge.

I want to try out its .22 counter part the GAMO Big Cat .22 Caliber Air Rifle.  I love the extra impact of the larger pellet.

No comments:

Post a Comment